Welcome to the Seven Days Project

I was in the Seattle airport and read an article that discussed a new trend: do something then write about it. What could I do I thought? I thought I could write a song a day for awhile. So in the week I had in Oregon with my Dad, I wrote a song a day. I also kept a journal of his stories. I have combined them into one project - a CD of music combined with a book. Stay tuned here as the date for this release approaches and walk this journey with me.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Step One is Done!

The Greeks said that creativity is the fire of the gods. Well, we burnt the joint down at The Bull Run on Thursday evening.

I haven't heard the final recording, but if the audience reaction means anything, we have something.

This was a special evening celebrating friendship and creativity through music and I feel so blessed to be part of it all. The band was great. Backed by their superb talent, I could feel free to relax and sing. I think I only messed up words once, and in a way that won't impact meaning too terribly.

I am sure that each musician, perfectionists that they are, spent time afterwards thinking about something that could have gone better. But that is the nature of the game. A live recording can often make up in energy the lack of perfection.

A genius move on my part started the show with Jon McAuliffe's "Tear Down Every Wall". It was a kick-ass way to start the show: high energy and steeped in the message that the world needs to start to work in harmony. Perfect tribute for this Daniel Pearl Humanity Through Harmony event.

The rest of my guest singer/songwriters were in top form and delighted the audience with humor and pathos.

It was truly an evening that glowed and glittered. I owe so much to the wonderful audience of friends, family, and fans who came out to be part of this event. I heard nothing by rave reviews afterwards.

This will probably live in my memory as one of the best shows I have ever done. The combination of creativity and friendship will be hard to beat.

Well done my friends and thanks so much.

As we move to post-production I will keep you posted. The 7 songs project is not done by a long shot, as I am still working on the book.

But a major part is complete, and I am very happy with it.

I'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. Jane
    that was a wonderful show! the story/song combination is perfect. The show was completely out of the ballpark from all the other "independent showcase"s it didnt even feel like one of the open mic series. Felt more like the "headliner" show that it was.
    wonderful job and lots of work from all your tech people and maestro Jeff Root. Very happy to help showcase your beautiful voice and great songs!

    ReplyDelete