Welcome to the Seven Days Project

I was in the Seattle airport and read an article that discussed a new trend: do something then write about it. What could I do I thought? I thought I could write a song a day for awhile. So in the week I had in Oregon with my Dad, I wrote a song a day. I also kept a journal of his stories. I have combined them into one project - a CD of music combined with a book. Stay tuned here as the date for this release approaches and walk this journey with me.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Part II of the Seven Songs Show

Another exciting part of the show on the 14th will be what I call, "The Craft of the Songwriter". Five brilliant local composers have agreed to share part II of the evening with me. We will perform some duets of their tunes, or in a couple of cases, sing compositions we wrote given similar impetus and showing how different these efforts can be. These special folk are: Jon Swenson, Jon McAuliffe, Tom Smith, Mark Stepakoff, and Jeff Root.

I am really excited to be performing with these guys. Love their songs.

More on this when we select the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment